It’s great to hear that you’re interested in Eco Engineering. If you don’t currently see an open position that aligns with your qualifications, skills, or interests, we invite you to submit a general application. By providing us with your professional background and information, you’ll be considered for future position opportunities and openings that may become available. Please use the link below to complete an application.
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager or Senior Project Manager
Position Summary: The role of the Project Manager (PM) is to simultaneously manage multiple construction projects in the energy efficient lighting, building envelope, solar, generator, storage, or electric vehicle charging equipment sectors. The focus of a PM is to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and with a delighted customer. The PM has responsibility for the profitability and overall customer satisfaction of assigned projects. The Project Manager must interface effectively with customers, vendors, crews, Sales, Engineering, and Accounting. This position should expect to travel an average of 3 days per week managing current projects or helping assess prospective new projects.
Serving in primary role for initial project planning, budgeting, and resource identification, which includes:
- Participate in Project Charter meeting(s) to review project scope and contractual terms.
- Validate project budget and/or identify potential modifications.
- Confirm utility incentive requirements, including pre and post inspections as required.
- Walk site if needed to confirm project scope and validate design assumptions.
- Develop material supply, site equipment, and recycling/disposal plans.
- Identify, evaluate, and select installation crew.
- Obtain permits, if required.
Preparing for and guiding project kickoff activities, which includes:
- Lead pre-installation construction meeting with customers.
- Conduct product sampling or M&V processes, if required.
- Collaborate with Purchasing to order material.
- Order equipment including storage, disposal, and recycling.
- Determine progress reporting needs with customer using Eco Engineering standardized tools as a default.
- Coordinate travel logistics and hotel accommodations when internal crew.
- Lead project kick off.
Monitoring the progress of project implementation, which includes:
- Establish and track daily installation crew progress reports.
- Schedule on-site visits to job site as needed:
- Check quality of work
- Help troubleshoot difficult fixtures
- Ensure material and equipment adjustments are made daily to keep crew on track
- Confirm compliance with safety and other workplace policies
- Track status of material inventory and disposal capacity.
- Provide ongoing progress reports to customer and internal Operations Manager.
- Facilitate project invoicing with Accounting.
Managing project completion and close-out activities, which includes:
- Secure customer sign-off approvals across applicable project phases (e.g., floor, wing, building, location).
- Confirm removal of applicable waste and recycling.
- Arrange return of excess material with Purchasing.
- Submit final invoice with Accounting upon project sign-off from customer.
- Confirm applications are submitted for utility incentives, PJM, and EPAct if applicable.
- Distribute close out package completion documents to customer (including as-built, recycling, warranty documents, and material specification sheets).
- Conduct internal actual-versus-budget project financial reconciliation review.
Assist Engineering on new project pursuits as available, which includes:
- Help conduct site assessments, audits, photos, and readings where necessary.
- Validate labor, equipment, and travel cost inputs and review other budget assumptions.
- Meet with potential preferred labor contractors during audit to discuss pricing/scope.
Skills and Experience:
- At least five years of related construction/contractor project management experience.
- History of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with working independently yet following prescribed processes.
- Extensive knowledge of project contracts, change orders, and budget compliance.
- Experience reading/interpreting plans, blueprints, specifications, and/or other construction documents.
- Knowledge of NEC codes.
- Journeyman or Master Electrician license preferred though not required.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with MS Office suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and efficient mindset.
This description is not intended to include all possible job responsibilities. The Project Manager may perform job-related tasks other than those mentioned here.
If at any point in the application process (including hiring), a candidate needs an accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eco Engineering is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other legally protected status. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria.