POSITION DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: Estimator, Sustainable Energy
REPORTS TO: Director, Sustainable Energy Development Engineering
Position Summary: The Estimator, Sustainable Energy Engineering is responsible for aiding the Sustainable Energy Development Engineering team with cost estimation of Solar, Electric Vehicles and Backup Generator projects along with associated initiatives with Developers, traditional C&I and ESCO prospects. This role will have input in the material selection process with design engineers and will lead system cost estimating and vendor pricing management. Travel is part of this role, approximately 1-2 days per week developing prospective new projects. In this role you must interface effectively with prospects, customers, internal resources, and key personnel from external development, vendors, and implementation partner firms.
1. Support internal Sustainable Engineering Development Team, which includes:
- Review and check plans with designers and customers.
- Estimate electrical components like transfer switches, transformers, conduit lengths and wire sizing based on designs.
- Manage project files, drawings, documents, and records in our project system.
- Communicate and interact with customers throughout the development process.
- Prepare comprehensive bid packages for submittal to the client.
- Assist in preparing, organizing, and coordinating Request for Proposal (RFP) documents and schedules, utilizing schedule information to estimate General Conditions and other schedule-driven items.
- Participate in planning and estimating review meetings, other project review meetings and site investigations, as needed.
2. Collaborate with internal and external organizations, which includes:
- Establish relationships with contractors and vendors.
- Develop and maintain applicable resource information regarding products, vendors, requirements, etc.
- Gather information from local government and private entities that may affect a project (i.e., permits, licenses, etc.).
- Gather pricing from suppliers and internal departments to price equipment, components, resources, and materials. Includes pricing all peripheral items, such as permits, bonds, equipment, etc.
- Review specifications and value engineer or suggest product changes to achieve design objectives, improve cost, efficiency, quality and code compliance or performance.
3. Contribute to the ongoing growth in Sustainable Services revenue, which includes:
- Analyze and evaluate new and emerging suppliers.
- Stay apprised of technology advancements and trends across Solar, EV and Generator OEMs.
This description is not intended to include all possible job responsibilities. The Estimator, Sustainable Energy may perform job-related tasks other than those mentioned here.
Skills and Experience:
- At least five years of related construction/contractor project management experience.
- History of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with working independently yet following prescribed processes.
- Extensive knowledge of project contracts, change orders, and budget compliance.
- Experience reading/interpreting plans, blueprints, specifications, and/or other construction documents.
- Knowledge of NEC codes.
- Journeyman or Master Electrician license preferred though not required.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with MS Office suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and efficient mindset.
- Knowledge of estimating software like Procore and Accu Bid (desired but not required).
If at any point in the application process (including hiring), a candidate needs an accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please email us your resume at email@example.com Eco Engineering is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other legally protected status. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria.