ECO ENGINEERING CAREERS
POSITION DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: Sales Director
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Sales and Marketing
The Sales Director is responsible for targeting and securing project agreements with target commercial and industrial (C&I) and ESCO companies across North America to achieve personal and Company profitable revenue growth goals. This position develops prospects into clients by establishing and continually improving our relationship across multiple client levels andfunctions. The position requires experience selling services and an understanding of key financial concepts to communicate attractive solutions with buyer groups including senior level executives. The Sales Director must work effectively with prospects, clients, third party allies, and the functional departments within Eco Engineering. Importantly, the Sales Director consistently exhibits professional credibility, loyalty, trust, and commitment by modeling the Company values.
1. Prospect for new clients, which includes:
• Identifying prospects that meet Company target prospect criteria in the areas of client segment, industry segment, size, and prospect orientation.
• Collaborating with third party alliance organizations when applicable to identify new prospects, and improve Eco Engineering’s position with current prospects. Third party ally organizations could include product manufacturers, distributors, consultants, and financing entities.
2. Identify and qualify project opportunities with new prospects, which includes:
• Developing a thorough understanding of prospect short-term and long-term financial objectives and needs as learned through discussions with prospect’s corporate and decentralized facility, energy, and executive management teams; and/or ESCO corporate and local teams (sales, development, project management).
• Communicating Eco Engineering’s capabilities to address prospect needs and objectives, and influence their energy efficiency and renewable energy supply strategies.
• Confirming alignment between prospect needs and Eco Engineering’s capabilities in the areas of scope of work, implementation model, timeline, and financial criteria.
• Identifying concerns and potential competitors while differentiating Eco Engineering solutions based on prospect strategy and needs.
• Determining prospect key decision makers, financial budget, timing requirements, and other pertinent decision criteria.
• Conducting preliminary assessment to estimate project value and metrics to best qualify prospective opportunity.
• Executing Engineering Development Agreement with prospect to include audit payment terms where applicable.
3. Leading preparation and delivery of proposal, which includes:
• Obtaining information needed by Company engineering department to develop proposal including, but not limited to: utility information, MRO information, and facility drawings.
• Acquiring any required prospect financial information for proposals to be financed where applicable.
• Communicating proposal strategy with Company engineering department in regards to prospect needs, proposal format, options, and design choices in order to maximize potential for securing an agreement.
• Assisting Company engineering department with audits where needed in order to further penetrate prospective client and/or to obtain competitive information.
• Assembling the proper team to deliver the proposal and leading the preparation and delivery of the presentation and supporting financial analysis, tailored to the prospect.
4. Securing project approval, which includes:
• Addressing prospect questions regarding proposed project and outcomes.
• Negotiating final terms (scope of work, fees, timeline, M&V, performance, and payment) of project and obtaining written agreement to proceed with project.
5. Monitoring project implementation and project close out phases, which includes:
• Participating in internal charter meetings between Company engineering and operations departments and/or client pre-construction meetings, where applicable.
• Working in conjunction with Company operations department to deliver project close out documentation and secure a completed quality control (QC) scorecard for the project.
• Assisting Company accounting department in collection of payments due, when needed.
• Summarizing key project learnings for Company engineering, operations, and sales departments for continual process improvement.
6. Adhering to internal territory planning and administrative tasks, which includes:
• Creating annual sales plan and providing updates on progress versus plan objectives on a regular basis.
• Maintaining Company CRM database with information including prospect company, contacts, project opportunity, and key activity details.
• Establishing regular and on-going communications with Company management regarding sales initiatives, strategies, needs, and market intelligence that could affect sales efforts.
• Managing a personal development plan focused on continual personal growth and improvement.
This description is not intended to include all possible job responsibilities. The Sales Director may perform other job-related tasks other than those mentioned here.
If at any point in the application process (including hiring), a candidate needs an accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org Eco Engineering is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other legally protected status. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria.