POSITION DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: Accounting Clerk – Accounts Payable
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
LOCATION: In office (Cincinnati, OH 45241)
Position Summary: The role of the accounting clerk is to support the daily accounts payable activities of Eco Engineering. Experience working in an accounting organization with accounting software and strong excel spreadsheet skills are required. The ability to work well with Project Managers, Sales Personnel, Customers, and Vendors is essential.
Daily accounts payable responsibilities, which includes:
- Conduct AP functions including verification, proper coding and posting of invoices to receive discounts.
- Monitor vendor statements and aging AP report to ensure any invoices that were expected are received and paid.
- Process checks and attach supporting documentation to the check for review prior to signature.
- Enforce policy that contractors do not receive any payments unless insurance, certified payroll reports, and contracts are up to date.
Skills and Experience:
- At least five years of accounting related experience.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong Microsoft computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with accounts receivable processes and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and efficient mindset.
- Familiarity with working independently yet following prescribed processes.
- Experience with ComputerEase software a plus.
This description is not intended to include all possible job responsibilities. The Accounting Clerk may perform job-related tasks other than those mentioned here.
If at any point in the application process (including hiring), a candidate needs an accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please email us your resume at email@example.com Eco Engineering is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other legally protected status. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria.