ECO ENGINEERING CAREERS
POSITION DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: Estimator, Sustainable Energy
REPORTS TO: Director, Sustainable Energy Development Engineering
The Estimator, Solar Development is responsible for aiding the Solar Development Engineering team with cost estimation of solar projects and associated initiatives with solar developers and traditional C&I and ESCO prospects. This role will have input in the material selection process with design engineers and will lead solar system cost estimating and vendor pricing management. This role must interface effectively with prospects, customers, internal resources, and key personnel from external development, vendors, and implementation partner firms.
1. Support internal Sustainable Engineering Development Team, which includes:
• Review and check plans with designers and customers.
• Manage project files, drawings, documents and records in our project system.
• Communicate and interact with customers throughout the development process.
• Prepare comprehensive bid packages for submittal to the client.
• Help in preparing, organizing, and coordinating Request for Proposal (RFP) documents and schedules, utilizing schedule information to estimate General Conditions and other schedule-driven items.
• Participate in planning and estimate review meetings, other project review meetings and site investigations, as needed.
2. Collaborate with internal and external organizations, which includes:
• Establish relationships with contractors and vendors.
• Develop and maintain applicable resource information regarding products, vendors, requirements, etc.
• Gather information from local government and private entities that may affect project (i.e., permits, licenses, etc.).
• Gather pricing from suppliers and internal departments to price equipment, components, resources, and materials. Includes pricing all peripheral items, such as permits, bonds, equipment, etc.
• Reviewing specifications and value engineer or suggest product changes to achieve design objectives, improve cost, efficiency, quality, code compliance or performance.
3. Contribute to the ongoing growth in Sustainable Services revenue, which includes:
• Analyzing and evaluating new and emerging suppliers.
• Staying apprised of technology advancements and trends across PV module, inverter, and racking OEMs.
This description is not intended to include all possible job responsibilities. The Estimator, Solar Development may perform job-related tasks other than those mentioned here.
Eco Engineering is an equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities
If at any point in the application process (including hiring), a candidate needs an accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org Eco Engineering is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other legally protected status. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria.