ECO ENGINEERING CAREERS
POSITION DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: HR Assistant and Payroll Clerk
REPORTS TO: Director, HR
The role of the HR Assistant and Payroll clerk is to provide administrative support for the HR Department and complete payroll activities for Eco Engineering. Experience working in HR, with benefits and payroll experience using accounting software and strong excel spreadsheet skills required. Familiarity with Equal Employment Opportunity, Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, and Wage and Hour regulations preferred. Ability to work well with others, plus exceptional ability to maintain absolute confidentiality required. Strong communication skills (written and verbal) needed.
1) Responsible for weekly/biweekly payroll, which includes:
• Evaluate and enter personnel related information into Payroll Masterfile including individual employee information, pay rate changes, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.
• Evaluate and enter Payroll Masterfile information from FieldEase and Expensewire database including overtime, commissions, etc.
• Assure accuracy of information in Payroll Masterfile and electronically transmit data to payroll processing firm by stringent deadlines.
• Verify withholding and request checks for payments of child support, garnishments, levies, etc., to third parties; enter information on spreadsheets and send checks to appropriate party.
• Maintain electronic and hard copy files of payroll-related documents.
• Administer and assure accuracy of information for electronic transfer of funds and direct deposit of checks.
• Administer mass payroll changes including changes in deductions for benefits, general increases, bonuses, etc.
2) Daily HR support responsibilities, including benefits administration and employee support which include:
• Maintain Human Resource Information System/database; maintain up to date/accurate employee information in system.
• Compose and prepare reports including benchmarking salary surveys, other confidential information pertaining to employees.
• Respond to questions of employees, supervisor and managers on personnel and benefit policies and procedures; wages and salaries; vacation and personal time off; etc.
• Answer inquiries from inside and outside the company involving employment verifications, benefits claims, and employment activities.
• Develop and maintain organizational charts.
• Establish and maintain confidential employee files in compliance with government regulations. Retains records in line with company record retention requirements
3) Support recruiting, and new hire orientation and training, which includes:
• Contacts temporary agencies as needed. May requisition personnel, provide with training and needed Company equipment.
• Places job orders with state job service and/or classified advertisements online or in newspapers. Screens responses and turns over to appropriate manager. Administer internal program for open jobs or pay referral/signing bonuses.
• Coordinate arrangements for background checks, drug screens and physical examinations for applicants.
• Maintains employment resumes, application forms, and applicant tracking logs for Affirmative Action Plan. May assist HR/AAP Director in compilation and calculation of AAP statistics.
• Verifies unemployment insurance claims and refers exceptions to appropriate manager.
• Administer new employee orientation program for all new hires; schedules new employees and trainers for orientation programs.
• Maintains company bulletin boards and Teams Bulletin Board in an up-to-date and legal compliance manner. May be responsible to coordinate company events for employees.
• May conduct surveys of employees to measure personnel practices.
4) General office support and reception and shipping responsibilities:
• Answer/assist incoming calls and visitors and deliveries from main line
• Sort daily mail: send mail to remote employees as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent experience; some college or HR certification preferred. Knowledgeable of payroll related practices including taxes and withholding with experience in payroll preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Microsoft Teams required. Tact, above average communication skills, ability to work effectively with both employees and managers. Ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants and employees. This description is not intended to include all possible job responsibilities. The HR Assistant/Payroll Clerk may perform job-related tasks other than those mentioned here.
Eco Engineering is an equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities
If at any point in the application process (including hiring), a candidate needs an accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please email us your resume at email@example.com Eco Engineering is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other legally protected status. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria.