ECO ENGINEERING CAREERS
POSITION DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: Estimator, Solar Development
REPORTS TO: Director, Solar Development Engineering
The Estimator, Solar Development is responsible for assisting the Solar Development Engineering team with cost estimation of solar projects and associated initiatives with solar developers and traditional prospects. This role will have input in the material selection process with design engineers and will lead solar system cost estimating and vendor pricing management. This role must interface effectively with prospects, customers, internal resources, and key personnel from external development, vendors, and implementation partner firms.
1. Support internal Solar Engineering Development Team, which includes:
• Review and check plans with designers and customers.
• Manage project files, drawings, documents, and records in our project system.
• Communicate and interact with customers throughout the solar development process. Prepare comprehensive packages for submittal to the client.
• Help in preparing, organizing, and coordinating Request for Proposal (RFP) documents and schedules, and using schedule information to estimate general conditions and other schedule-driven items.
• Participate in planning review meetings, project review meetings and site investigations, as needed.
2. Collaborate with internal and external organizations, which includes:
• Establish relationships with contractors and vendors.
• Develop and maintain applicable resource information regarding products, vendors, requirements, etc.
• Gather information from local government and private entities that may affect project (i.e., permits, licenses, etc.).
• Gather pricing from suppliers and internal departments to price equipment, components, resources, and materials. Includes pricing all peripheral items, such as permits, bonds, equipment, etc.
• Reviewing specifications and value engineer or suggest product changes to achieve design objectives, improve cost, efficiency, quality, code compliance or performance.
3. Contribute to the ongoing growth in Solar Services revenue, which includes:
• Analyzing and evaluating new and emerging suppliers.
• Staying apprised of technology advancements and trends across PV module, inverter, and racking OEMs.
This description is not intended to include all possible job responsibilities. The Estimator, Solar Development may perform job-related tasks other than those mentioned here.
• Minimum 2 years of related experience, with solar energy expertise preferred.
• Working knowledge and background in rooftop and carport solar estimating is required. • Database Management Skills
• Detail Oriented • Strong Writing Skills
• Strong Communication Skills
• Eco is a federal government contractor which requires employees to have proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to get vaccinated upon being hired.
• Ability to travel, mostly within the U.S. up to 40%.
• Opportunities for Overtime pay, generally at own discretion Benefits of Working at Eco Engineering:
• At Eco Engineering, we take great pride in knowing our employees are the most valuable aspect of our company. We strive to continually improve our employees, so that they can thrive in their roles and become the future leaders of our organization.
• Ability to work remotely. In today’s world, most companies realize working from home is a benefit to employees as well as the companies they work for. This is a benefit Eco Engineering offered to employees long before the pandemic. • Employee Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance. Basic Life Insurance, Disability Benefits, 401(K) Benefits, Bereavement, Paid Time Off, Maternity/Paternity Leave, Profit Sharing Plan • Eco Engineering offers employees incentives to purchase a new EV.
If at any point in the application process (including hiring), a candidate needs an accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please email us your resume at email@example.com Eco Engineering is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other legally protected status. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria. Eco Engineering requires all applicants to successfully complete a drug test and favorable background report.