JOB TITLE: Purchasing Manager
Eco Engineering is a Design and Build Engineering (DBE) lighting service firm with a national footprint. Our team is made up of lighting specialists who provide both design and implementation. We have proven levels of experience, nationally, in 6 key industries with demonstrated success in some of the most complex and intensive work environments for many Fortune 500 companies.
The role of the Purchasing Manager is to lead a team that can support Project Managers in achieving best in class COGS results for materials, while at the same time insuring project material arrives on time, as ordered, and invoiced accurately. This position will need to balance Sales Department’s desire to reward key channel partners with orders with the Company’s desire to identify and support core vendors.
Essential Job Functions:
• Negotiates blanket purchase orders and major contracts when appropriate and monitors cost
• Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with US laws Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics
• Works closely with Purchasing Department to ensure proper material arrived
• Conduct or direct negotiations with vendors on rejections, disposition and adjustment of purchased materials not meeting specifications.
• Hires, supervises, and evaluates job performances of purchasing department personnel.
• Establishes policies and procedures to be followed by purchasing agents and purchasing clerks
• Assess vendor capabilities, develop sources, and evaluate vendor performance.
• Recommends major purchases of materials based on anticipated changes in prices or on unusual availability situations.
• Balances cash flow considerations against possible price savings.
• Supervises accurate recordkeeping, including price histories and difficulties in doing business with particular vendors.
• May actively participate in vendor selection
• Works with Accounts Payable department to address differences between order pricing and receiving quantities.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related subject and 6+ years of experience, with at least two or more years supervising other purchasing agents
• Ability to review and comprehend requisitions, purchase orders, reports, and other necessary documentation.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with vendors and all levels of employees.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently move around all work areas.
• May be exposed to cold temperatures and minimal noise level.
• This position may require tasks that are physical in nature and requires the candidate to effectively stand, sit, reach, kneel and be able to carry and move up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to perform data entry for extended periods of time.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient in using Microsoft software
• Strong negotiating skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
• Basic knowledge of energy efficient lighting
• Basic level of accounting and QuickBooks experience
• Prior construction purchasing experience
• Certification as a C.P.M. desirable but not required
Eco Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the EEO is the Law Poster.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disabled/Vets